Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Rainbow of Promise

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you for our walk together and for being near to me. I love you lord.

Lord: Good morning son. Thank you for joining us, and for walking with us this morning. We love you too.

Lift up your eyes, and what do you see?

Me: I see a rainbow Lord, clear and bright. Every colour is distinct, as though it was made of coloured ribbons! It is a perfect arch, with its top touching the heavens. Outside of the arch of the rainbow, is another, not quite as brilliant, but each of the colours are distinct and clearly visible. It seems as if the whole earth is encompassed by the rainbow, and somehow it sheds beautiful coloured light on everything. Far away on the horizon I see dark clouds, menacing clouds, but even as I watch, the clouds are being driven away by a mighty wind. As they are torn apart and disappear over the horizon, the rainbows fade and the sky becomes blue again. All this I saw in my mind's eye.

Lord: You have seen well! What I am showing you is some time away, for there is still much to do, as mankind still clings to the material world of greed and possessions. This world has some more crumbling to do yet and there are still some difficult times ahead. That is why I want all my children to be clothed in the armour I provide, with their swords drawn and ready. Keep your eyes focused on Jesus, and your spiritual ears open to receive my command. Let the battle cry of my people, "Jesus is Lord," be ever ready on their lips. It is more of a rallying call than a battle cry, a call to draw all men to me.

Beyond the difficulties and hardships that lie ahead, I have placed my rainbow. A promise that, for those who hold fast to my word, and keep their eyes upon my Son, there is a time of brightness and joy, a time of reaping and laughter. The vivid colours of the rainbow represent the variety of peoples I am drawing to myself at this time, people from every tribe and nation under heaven. The reflection rainbow shows, that even to the uttermost parts of the earth, I am working in the hearts and lives of the most unlikely people. This harvest is a long one but it is a very important harvest, for this is to be the year of Jubilee, when I set the captives free.

To all my children everywhere, I call you to pray with contrite hearts for your nation. Pray for your leaders. Pray for forgiveness for all the sins of the nations, and ask me to pour out my healing upon the land. Pray for those who are lost in the jungle of sin and greed, that, as even the things they cling to fall away, they will be able to see the gift I am offering them. Pray for the churches and fellowships of the land, that each may be willing and ready to reach out to those around them in love and compassion, sharing the good news, and healing the sick.

My children, when Jesus called Peter to walk upon the water, he did not do it to show how clever he was, but to show that when you turn your eyes to Jesus and keep them fixed upon him, nothing is impossible. No prayer is too difficult for the one who brought all things into being from nothing.

Step out of the boat now, with your eyes upon Him, and let Jesus lead you to the place He wants you to be. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.