Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2011

My Word is Truth

Lord: Good morning Martin. Thank you for joining us this morning and for your company on our walk. We love you too.

Children, there are still some of you who are struggling with my word! You have listened to the voice of the deceiver who has persuaded you, that only some of my word is true and trustworthy. You have been taking certain parts of scripture, and because they do not fit with your world view of history, you have dismissed them as poetry or myth, with only a thread of truth in them.

Stand back for a moment, lay aside all your preconceived ideas about Genesis, Moses, Abraham and Jesus. Look again at what Scripture says, and ask me to reveal the truth to you. You say that you believe in me and trust me. Ok, believe and trust what I say. My Word is truth, from the first word through to the last word, the alpha and the omega. I do not lie, and I do not mislead.

When others tell you, what they think happened in the six days of creation, or in the days of Noah, Moses and Abraham, ask the question, "Were they there to observe and witness?" The answer is, "No, they were not there". Their opinion is heavily biased and coloured, by a wrong view of history and scripture. It was I who created the heavens and the earth. I was the one who drew up the plans for all things, and mapped out history. I raised up men of greatness, and I caused thrones to crumble and fall. I was there! I have given you a record of all that I have done. Start with what I have given you, then explore all the sciences and see where it leads you.

My word is my gift to mankind. It is given in order to start him on the right pathway of exploration. It is not there to hold you back, but to push you on. It is there to set you free to think my thoughts after me, and to see creation as I see it. I want you all to see the big picture, and I want you to discover me. Do not separate the Old Testament from the New, they both need each other. The Old leads you through the whole span of man's history to Jesus, and the New builds on the Old, bringing it all up-to-date. The Gospel of Jesus makes sense of the Old Testament, and the Old is a foundation that cannot be shaken, on which the gospel is firmly fixed.

I make no apology for re-quoting Paul's words which I gave him, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Tim 3.16-17

The most important two words for you in that passage, my children are, "All Scripture". You cannot take some of my words and say, "I accept these", while rejecting the rest, because it "isn't comfortable".

My word is truth and life. It remains truth and life, even if you don't believe it! If you want to draw close to me, and walk in my way, the only way to see things as I see them, is to begin by believing what I have written down for you.

Not everything in the Bible is comfortable, indeed some things are very uncomfortable. Many of the things I am saying to the Church today are not easy or comfortable. That is why I am saying them, in order to shake you out of complacency, back into the centre of my will for you. I need my Church, all of you, to be on track, close to me. I need you to believe me, and to trust me. For those, to whom I send you, will quickly discern if you do not believe what you preach or teach!

My Word is a rock, on which you can stand with confidence. Stand then and be seen and heard, and let others come to the rock which is Jesus, for Jesus is the Word! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.