Pages

Sunday 27 November 2011

The Word of God is ....

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son, welcome to the club this morning and thank you for walking with us. We love you too.

Me: Lord, I seem to be struggling a bit this morning, please help me to stay close to you. Please keep the Evil One out, and do not allow him to come near me to destroy or harm our relationship. I love you Jesus.

Lord: Son, I am always with you. The Evil One can only draw near to you if you bid him come. However, he does fire arrows at you and it is these you feel at this time. Use your shield to stop the arrows. However sharp they are, the Word of God can blunt them, so they fall ineffective to the ground, and there turn to dust. Use my Name as a prayer whenever you feel attacked in any way. There is more power in my Name, than there is in all the atom bombs ever detonated. I promise you, when you call upon my Name, Satan trembles!
   
Part of your training involves the use of all the gifts I have given you. Scripture is not just words on a page, but both a two-edged sword to cut down and destroy the works of the Evil one, and a shield, with which you can defend yourself against the arrows and darts that are thrown against you. Using it as a shield is a skill I show you by allowing a few small darts to get through. Do not crumple at the first one, but pull it out and see it clearly in the light of Scripture. Then discard it and allow me to heal the wound. If you leave it in, it will fester and become a hindrance to your mission and calling. Stand firm, be strong and very courageous. You do not stand alone, I am with you!

Many of those who stand for me feel alone and weary, sometimes even before they have done anything I have asked them to do! This is because they have forgotten that they are not on rations. Unlike the armies of the world's powers, who are sent out on patrol with meagre rations, my people go out with a pipeline attached, which can feed them continuously. The pipeline has two parts, one for the drink, which is the Word of God, the other for solid food, which is a direct line to Me in prayer.

The Word is with you always if you read it regularly and allow it to become a part of your being. You may find yourself in a situation where you don't have a copy of the written word, but if you have already consumed the word as drink, then it is there within you to nourish you and quench your thirst.

Prayer is a resource that you can tap into at any time, 24/7, 365 days a year. I never sleep and am always ready to hear and answer you prayers. Ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find. Even an arrow prayer, shot up to me in a moment of crisis, can change the course of human history, and many a hurriedly spoken prayer, has saved a man's soul! Do not neglect your conversations with me. They are food for your soul and will sustain you through many a campaign.

So you begin to see that My Word is many things. Like a Swiss army knife, it has many blades and many uses. Learn to use it. It will defend you, protect you, cut a path for you, destroy the words of the Devil, and provide you with the nourishment you need to be able to stand, even when all others have fallen.

Prayer is my lifeline to you. Do not unhitch the line at any time, by neglect of this vital source of communication. Without prayer you will become weak and ineffective. Remember seven days without prayer makes one weak!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.