Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Now, About Prayer!

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you for allowing me to walk with you this morning, and for listening to all my ramblings. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son. Thank you for your company this morning, You know that we love to listen to your ramblings, as you put it. To us they are not jumbled or rambling  but a flood of emotion, desire, love and concern. Because they come from deep within your heart, they are dear to our heart too, and make more sense to us than they ever will to your human mind!

I want to talk to you today some more about prayer. Prayer is the yearning of the human soul for me. It is when man reaches up to me in Heaven and I reach down to man on earth. It is the moment when we touch, and for a moment we become one again. You can't have too much prayer in your life, for it is a pipeline of my love poured out to you.

There are many expressions of prayer, many different ways of reaching out to me. Some require the mind, and for the body are passive. Others are bodily expressions, while the mind is passive. In still others, both the body and the mind are passive and the prayer is purely a spiritual reaching out. It is difficult to teach prayer by a method, because it is an intensely personal encounter with me, and each individual needs to discover that relationship with me for themselves. Prayer can be seen as a courtship of two lovers discovering one another, and just as no two lovers ever express themselves in the same way, so it is with us. It is not important how you pray, only that you do pray. As we commune together, I am able to feed you, and cause the breath I breathed into you that gave you life, to grow,  and make you ready for the day when I shall call you home.

It is vital that you have a time allocated to me during the day, when I can charge your spiritual batteries. But that is only the beginning, for each day you have a shopping list of concerns you want to bring to me and I have a lot of things I want to communicate with you. I am always willing to give you the time to pour out your ramblings to me. Are you willing to give me some time to feed you with all the good things I have for you? By starting each day with space for me, you will find yourself better equipped to handle the problems of the day.

The godless in the world have tried to make it 'politically incorrect' to bring God into the workplace, and in many professions are trying to make it illegal to wear Christian symbols or speak of your Christian faith. In reality no-one has the right to restrict you. Oh it's nothing new! My servants Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, all had to suffer because they deemed their relationship with me more important than the King's edict. Just as I looked after them, so I will look after those who honour me above all worldly rule. This is not a licence for civil disobedience. It applies only to those restrictions that come between you and me. No-one, I repeat no-one, has the right to come between you and me!

If you build up your relationship with me, I will make my voice clear to you and my words will take root in your heart. I will speak to you and guide you each day, and I will instruct you in my ways. When I tell you to speak of me, you will speak, and none shall be able to silence you. Equally, I will show you when to remain silent. My Son remained silent, when one word from him would have silenced the chief priest and elders forever. He spoke the truth when He told Pilate that he could summon ten legions of Angels to his aid. But His relationship with me enabled Him to know when to speak and when to be silent. So it shall be with those who engage in prayer with me.

For those who love me, and want to be in the centre of My will, prayer is not an optional extra to be used only in times of crisis, but an ongoing 24/7 365 days a year relationship with Me. Closer even than the relationship between husband and wife, although it never need come between them. Indeed it should strengthen that relationship as well.

So, my word to my children today is work on your relationship with me, and let me build up our lines of love and communication together. Build up a regular time with me, when we can share together the deep and important things of life. Don't worry about how to pray, just get on with it and find the way we are comfortable with. Tell me often how much you love me, for I love to hear that. In turn I will tell you and show you, how much I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.