Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Meet in My Name

Readings: Ezekiel 20 -21

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you for this crisp fresh morning, with its frost and clear sky. Thank you for allowing me to walk with you and for all our conversations. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son. Welcome to the club this morning and thank you for your company. Thank you also for holding on to the scriptures this morning. I know they are hard and, when read all together like that the prophecies of Ezekiel are very difficult to take, But even as you read them, I know you recognised that much of what I said to the leaders in Exile and to Jerusalem, also needs to be said to the leaders, and to Jerusalem, today!

It seems sometimes as if nothing much has changed. But there is a difference between then and now. When I spoke through the prophet Ezekiel, Jesus had not yet come. In fact the prophet foretold his coming in that passage you read today (Ezekiel 21:27). The situation now is different, in that Jesus has come and my church is being gathered out of every nation under heaven. Where once my wrath was poured out on the whole nation, and on all nations, today my wrath is directed at those who have turned away from my words and do what is evil in my sight. My love is extended to all who love me and hold on to my word. I am calling all those who through my Son have found the path of the Cross.

To those of you who are low, because you are feeling unfed by the churches you attend, re-focus. Do not expect to be fed by institutions of men. Turn to me that I may feed you. Yes my children, gather together in twos and threes. Gather around my Word and feast together on that Word. Share together and pray together and grow in me. Do not blame the institution, for I never intended it to be the only source of food and teaching. Rejoice that I have given you the liberty to meet together to pray and read my word. Take what I give you back into the churches and be like yeast in the dough.

As you open your hearts to me, open your homes to those I send you. Let your homes bring healing and peace to the broken and the bruised. Let your lives be a lantern to those who are lost, and the hospitality of your heart and home a refuge and a shelter, where the weary can rest and be healed. Commit and dedicate your homes to me, then watch as I use them to further my Kingdom on earth. "Love one another, as I have loved you".

Remember always, that I love you. Stay near to me and I will encircle you with my love and protection. Trust me and I will show you how I can provide for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.