Pages

Saturday 26 November 2011

Haul Away!

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day you have made. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son. Welcome to the club this morning. Thank you for joining us and walking with us this morning. We love you too.

The net is laid on the ground, spread out like a great sheet. The fisherman is walking around it examining it for breaks and frays. When he sees a weakness he gets on hands and knees with needle and twine to mend and reinforce. His fingers work expertly and quickly, and before long you will not be able to see where the break was. The net is clean and strong and ready for the casting.

The fisherman calls, and from the dunes other men rise and gather round, then together they wade into the sea. The net is cast far into the deep. After a moment the cry goes up, "Haul away!" and together they each take their chosen place and slowly haul the net towards the shore. It is a good catch and the fishermen sing their songs of praise

Children, the net is of my making. Although the breaks and frays are not of my making, I am repairing them. I want the net to be perfect, for the catch will be great and I want none to be lost.

The fishermen are those I am calling. I have been busy. While others lounge and sleep, I have been training my crew. People from every walk of life, people from every nation under heaven, male and female, young and old, academics and practical people together. My crew listen to my voice and await my command. When I call, "Haul away." I want the crew to haul as one man, each in his appointed place, exactly as I have taught him, all working together.

Not all of the catch will come in on the first haul! Indeed the net will have to be cast many times each night and day for all to be gathered in, but just as the fisherman get a thrill each time they haul a full net, so my fishers will also feel the thrill I feel, as souls are gathered into my Father's house. But there will be more than just the thrill of the catch. There will be the joy of fellowship, working together for the furthering of the Kingdom of God.

Lift up your voices and sing praises to the Lord, for He is great and worthy to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.