Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

Delight in Me

Lord: Blessed is the one who delights in me and lets my words be on his mouth day and night. Those who delight in me are those who stay close to me through all the changes and chances of this life. They are those who hold on to my word, reading and reciting it daily, and making that word a part of who they are! They are the ones who, with open eyes, look for me and see all that I am doing around them. They are the ones who speak of me and delight when others share my name.

Those who delight in me see more around them than themselves. They see the poor and the oppressed, they see the sick and the lonely, they see the thirsty and those without warmth or comfort. They see, and they act to reach out to those in need, and meet their needs. They share Jesus with a generous spirit and a warm heart.

My word is in their mouth day and night because they read my word and delight daily in it, as if it were a feast of good food. They drink it like a good wine and rejoice with a clear voice. By reading my word regularly, they let the word soak into their very being and it becomes a part of them. As a result of the word being a part of them, they act with righteousness and truth, and find they can easily discern what is right and what is wrong.

Walk each day with Jesus my beloved Son. follow in his footsteps and listen with enthusiasm to his words, and copy with eagerness his actions as he loved those around him and shared with them the Good News of the Kingdom of Heaven.

As well as sharing your story and the Kingdom with those who have not heard the Good News, seek out those who are well versed in the gospel and who manifest the spiritual gifts. Learn from them and share what I am doing through you, with them. They can encourage and bless you, and you can encourage and bless them.

Lift up your voices in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs. Praise me and worship me, for it is on the praises of my people that I ride through the earth. As my people lift their voices in loud praise, my Spirit sets the captive free and opens the way to full and perfect healing.

Children, let your delight be not in the prowess of men or nations, but in the Lord your God. Focus on Jesus, delight in Him and follow in the path we are lighting before you. In the darkness of the days ahead the only clear way ahead will be the path I am leading you down, for that path, and that path alone, is the path of light and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.